Give a Gift through our Angel Tree Program to Help Families in Davidson
The Davidson Police started the “Angel Tree” program to support Davidson families in need more than 20 years ago.
“Each year we are able to continue this program is a testament to the traditions of caring and giving of the Davidson Police Department, Davidson residents, local centers of worship, and Davidson businesses who support us in this endeavor,” said Chief of Police Penny Dunn.
The Town of Davidson’s Angel Tree goes up in the town hall lobby in mid-November and is filled with ornaments listing holiday wishes. Residents and visitors can access the tree during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) and are encouraged to sign up to make someone’s wish come true during the holiday season. The tree will also be open during Christmas in Davidson.
For specific date information and volunteer opportunities, please see the Davidson Police Department's announcements page.
How you can participate:
- Come to Davidson’s Town Hall and select one or more ornament tags from the Angel Tree before the tags disappear.
- Sign out each tag on the registration sheet at the tree. Include your complete contact information so we can track the gift from the giver to the recipient. Gifts will remain anonymous.
- Purchase gift(s) and return them unwrapped to the Davidson Police Department. Please make sure the ornament tag is securely fastened to the gift for tracking purposes. There is no need to spend more than $50 – the suggestions on the ornament tags are “dreams,” not requests for everything.
- All gifts MUST be returned to the Davidson Police Department by the date displayed at the Angel Tree to ensure they arrive on time.
Volunteers are welcome to help:
- Make the tree tags – cut out the shapes,decorate lightly on one side of each tag, and attach hanging loops. We use the tags as ornaments on the Angel Tree. Anonymous information about the child’s age, gender, interest, and sizes are written on the undecorated side for sponsors.
- Assist with wrapping gifts and attend wrapping parties – held at 251 South Street – Future Town Hall.
- Assist with distribution and delivery of gifts on distribution day.
- Collect of donations and gifts for drop off to Davidson PD.
Call the Davidson Police Department at 704-892-5131 if you have any questions.