Parks & Recreation
Town of Davidson Parks & Recreation Updates
NEW! Fisher Farm Stream Restoration Project Information - Click Here
Our Study Pals remote learning and all Fall program are open for registration
- Playgrounds at town parks are open.
- Please use these facilities at your own risk; many of our town parks have hand sanitizing stations, but plan ahead and bring your own sanitizing supplies.
- Please also adhere to all remaining protocols such as wearing a face covering for all ages 5 and up, maintaining social distance, and not gathering in groups of more than 50 individuals.
- No games for contact sports are permitted under Phase 2.5 of the Governor’s Executive Order. Basketball goals will be reinstated on town property for athletic conditioning drills, practice, and family play only.
- Restroom facilities are open at town parks. These restrooms are cleaned by town staff, but not sanitized regularly. Please be mindful and be prepared.
- Plum Creek park Tennis Courts are open to the public. The ONLY time they are reserved are for Tennis Lessons with Coach Neil and the Parks & Recreation Department on Fridays from 4:00-6:30 p.m.
Mecklenburg County Parks & Recreation Update - Click here to read the update from Mecklenburg County Parks & Recreation.
Financial assistance is available for Davidson residents. Click here for more information.
We also maintain a variety of community, neighborhood, greenway, and natural park areas, such as:
We have four miles of paved greenway and bike path trails to encourage a walkable, bikeable, and fit community.
Meetings & Events
The Livability Board typically meets monthly, on the 3rd Tuesday, in the board room at Town Hall. Agendas and minutes from previous meetings are available online.