Public Comment Period
Several citizens spoke during this public comment period.
The Davidson Board of Commissioners held a public hearing for the proposed update to the floodplain ordinance. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) updated Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) for Mecklenburg County which will become effective on November 16, 2018. The Town of Davidson must adopt an updated floodplain ordinance to include the new map data by the November 16, 2018 deadline or risk being suspended from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
All items on the consent agenda were approved including:
• July 10 and 24 meeting minutes
• Revised meeting schedule to add a board mini-retreat on September 20
• FY2018 Tax Collector's Settlement Statement for Mecklenburg and Iredell Counties
• FY2019 "Order of Collection" for Mecklenburg and Iredell County Tax Collectors
• Financing a backhoe for the Davidson Department of Public Works
• Request from the Park at Beaty task force to clarify the charge language of task force
• Budget amendment to allocate $50,000 of fund balance as requested by the Park at Beaty Street task force to complete the conceptualization phase of the project.
• Budget amendment to recognize a $5,000 grant received from the Arts and Science Council for the public art fund project and related expenses. The project is a sensory garden at Roosevelt Wilson Park.
• Ordinance O2018-03 (Davidson Planning Ordinance Section 17 Watershed Text Amendments) & Consistency Statement. Sections 17.6.1, 17.6.2 & 17.6.3 requiring more discussion will be added to a future agenda.
• Appointments of Chairs for the Design Review Board (Bruce Barteldt) and Planning Board/Board of Adjustment (Matt Dellinger)
• Arts & Science Council (ASC) Advisory Council Appointments
• Noise Ordinance Variance - Fall Fling at Davidson College on Saturday, September 15, 2018 from 10:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. on Old Tennis Court Lane.
• Direct Planning Board to make a recommendation within 30 days of a public hearing on the proposed text amendments related to the floodplain ordinance.
• Appointment of a new Park at Beaty Street task force member
• Codification of annexation policy for voluntary requests