Application for Town Day Now Available:
Participate on Saturday, May 6
The Town of Davidson announces that the application for Town Day, scheduled for Saturday, May 6 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the town green, is now available at www.townofdavidson.org/TownDay and at the Davidson Parks and Recreation office at 865 South Street. Nonprofits, food vendors, and entertainers are encouraged to apply; the deadline is April 14, 2017.
Vendors must meet the following criteria in order to have a booth at Town Day:
1. Must be a nonprofit or community-oriented organization
2. Must be within Davidson’s jurisdiction
3. Must provide a game or activity (may not just hand out literature) or sell food
4. There is no fee to participate; however, the organization may sell its own tickets or charge a fee for its activity
5. All money collection is the responsibility of the organization
This will be the 47th year for Town Day and selected streets will be closed off to encourage citizens to walk or ride bikes into town for festivities on the green. Highlights will include:
- Booths set up by the town’s nonprofits, including the library’s book sale
- Games for families
- Food vendors
For more information on Town Day, please visit www.townofdavidson.org/TownDay or contact Charlene Minor at email@example.com or 704-892-3349.