Town of Davidson’s Earth Day Fair:
Celebrate at the Davidson Farmer’s Market on Saturday, April 22
The Town of Davidson and the Green Davidson community group invite citizens to the Earth Day Fair on Saturday, April 22 from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the Davidson Farmer’s Market (behind Summit Coffee and adjacent to town hall). Earth Day is celebrated annually around the world on April 22.
The event will feature:
• A visit with local beekeepers: find out how native plants support pollinators, and learn about Bee City USA Davidson efforts
• Composting 101 with Davidson Parks and Recreation. Learn about Wipe Out Waste recycling and hazardous waste disposal.
• Davidson Green School students, "Styrofoam free, starts with me" project and citizen survey
• Q&A with Power Home Solar – learn about solar power for your home and see a solar oven in action
• See the newest hybrid cars and the Davidson Parks & Recreation vehicle, the ELF bike: Electric, Light, Fun
• Green Idea Factory Winner bio-green grow station
• Join local author Tia Capers for some coloring fun and celebrate her latest book, Nadia's Green Day Festival
• Children’s activities throughout the fair: Davidson Lands Conservancy’s World of Wonder planting activity, face painting, and more
• A Bike/Walk to the Market Challenge -- travel “carbon free” or take public transit to the event and earn a Farmer’s Market Buck. Stop by the Green Davidson booth for your prize
Visit the Davidson Parks and Recreation booth for more information about National Bike Month (May) – several local events are scheduled:
• Bike/Walk to Town Day (May 6)
• Bike to School (May 10)
• Davidson-Cornelius Bike Expo and Community Ride (May 13)
• National Bike to Work Week (May 15 – 19)
• Family Bike Ride - with the Spirited Cyclist (May 18)
• Davidson Tour de Trees (May 27)
Visit www.townofdavidson.org/bikemonth to learn more about Bike Month events.
Register for the Family Community Ride or Tour de Trees at www.townofdavidson.org/dpr.
Please contact Green Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Davidson Parks and Recreation at 704-892-3349 for more information.