The Davidson Board of Commissioners is working on initiatives identified in the 2022-23 Strategic Plan. Please view the full PDF here.
The following seven goal areas have been identified for 2022-23:
- A Well-Planned and Livable Community
- Create well-planned, dynamic community places with connected progressions between them
- Historic Preservation
- Preserve our historic properties that contribute to our vibrant and unique community and honor the history of the lived experiences of our residents
- Connecting People and Places
- Expand, improve, and diversify the town’s transportation network to provide residents and visitors with safe, convenient, accessible, reliable, and efficient multi-modal travel choices to connect people across the community
- Affordable Living, Equity, and Inclusion
- Work together to create a culture of belonging, address our past inequities, provide opportunities for all, treat everyone with respect and dignity and recognize every voice
- Sustainability and Natural Assets
- Preserve Davidson’s natural assets, and develop, implement, and actively encourage innovative solutions to environmental, energy, and climate-based challenges
- Economic Development
- Leverage town resources to attract diverse commercial development that contributes to Davidson’s unique local economy and supports new initiatives that create jobs and opportunities for the community
- Operational Excellence
- Provide efficient and high-quality public services and facilities through thoughtful and proactive planning, reasonable stewardship of town resources and a professional and committed workforce
At the December 13, 2022 meeting, Assistant Town Manager Austin Nantz presented the 2022 Accomplishments report to the board of commissioners.
At the December 12, 2023 meeting, Assistant Town Manager Austin Nantz presented the 2023 Accomplishments report to the board of commissioners.
PREVIOUSLY ADOPTED PLANS
2020-21 Strategic Plan
In 2020, the Davidson Board of Commissioners and town staff originally met in February to develop the strategic plan for 2020-2021. In March, these plans were put on hold in light of the COVID-19 crisis.
In August 2020, the process to adopt the 2020-21 Strategic Plan resumed. The plan was formally adopted on August 25, 2020. The final plan document as well as a PDF of the six goal areas and top strategies may be found below.
Town of Davidson Full Strategic Plan (Updated January 2021)
Town of Davidson Full Strategic Plan 2020-21 (Adopted August 2020)
At the January 26, 2021 meeting, Town Manager Justice presented the 2020 Accomplishments report to the board of commissioners.
At the December 7, 2021 meeting, Town Manager Justice presented the 2021 Accomplishments report.
2018-2019 Strategic Plan
The Davidson Board of Commissioners approved the 2018-2019 strategic plan at the March 27, 2018 meeting. Staff will create work plans specific to each tactical item and action step and will provide and quarterly progress reports.
At the December 11, 2018 meeting, Town Manager Justice presented the 2018 Accomplishments report to the board of commissioners.
On December 3, 2019, Town Manager Justice presented the 2019 Accomplishments report to the board of commissioners.