- Town Government
- Departments & Services
- Private Development Projects
- Lake Forest (Story Hill) Conditional Planning Area
Lake Forest Davidson Conditional Planning Area (Storyhill Church)
The Lake Forest Church Conditional Planning Area was approved by the Board of Commissioners at their September 22, 2020 meeting.
Site construction documents for the entire site (church and commercial mixed-use building) are currently under review by the town and Mecklenburg County.
Note: Since the original original conditional approval, Lake Forest Church Davidson has been renamed Storyhill Church.
- Planning Area: Conditional
- Project Address: 496 S. Main Street
- Parcel IDs: 00324183, 00324182, 00324107, & 00324170
- Acres: +/-4.11
- Development Description: The applicant proposes a 3-story commercial building fronting South Main Street (20,000-30,000 square feet) and a 2-story church facility (minimum 20,000 square feet) toward the rear of the property. The proposed plan also preserves the existing single-family home located at 496 South Main Street for church offices.
- Revised Site Plan (Approved)
- Conditions (Approved 9.22.2020)
- Lake Forest Church Community Impact Statement (as requested by the Board of Commissioner)
Other Supporting Documents
- Planning Board Report 07.27.2020
- Transportation Impact Analysis (TIA) 06.30.2020
Documents for Public Input Session 02.18.2020
- Applicant: Storyhill Church, Bill Worsley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site Designer: Henson Foley, Jay Henson, email@example.com
- Town Staff Project Manager: Lindsay Laird, Senior Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org
September 22, 2020 Board of Commissioner Decision: The Board of Commissioners approved the proposed Conditional Master Plan and associated conditions. See approved conditions under the "documents" tab above.
August 31, 2020 Planning Board Recommendation: The Planning Board reviewed the proposed Conditional Master Plan and voted to make a positive recommendation on the proposal.
August 25, 2020 Public Hearing: The Board of Commissioners held a virtual public hearing on the proposed Conditional Master Plan and associated conditions. Twelve citizens submitted comments read or played at the public hearing.
July 27, 2020 Planning Board FYI Review: The Planning Board informally reviewed the plans and draft conditions, offering comments for consideration.
July 14, 2020 Board of Commissioner Work Session: The project team met with the Board of Commissioners to discuss the project’s proposed conditions and site design.
February 24, 2020 Planning Board FYI Review: The Planning Board informally reviewed the plans and topics related to the conditions, offering comments for consideration.
February 18, 2020 Public Input Session: A Public Input Session was held from 5:00 – 6:30 P.M. at Davidson Town Hall, 216 South Main Street, Davidson, North Carolina. The purpose of the meeting was to review the master plan and solicit feedback. A copy of the Public Input Session Report summarizing the event is available under the Documents tab (see above).
February 11, 2020 Board of Commissioner Work Session: The project team met with the Board of Commissioners to discuss the project.
October 1, 2019 Application Received: The project team submitted an application, including site plan documents, for review by Mecklenburg County and Town of Davidson staff. The next step is for staff to provide review comments on the plan.
June 2019 Pre-Development Consultation: The project team presented the proposed project to the Board of Commissioners for feedback, prior to submitting a formal application.