River Run Ph. 6 Master Plan
Overview: On June 4, 2021 the Town of Davidson received a complete Master Plan application. The project is currently under review by Mecklenburg County and Town of Davidson staff. The process will follow Section 14.6 of the Davidson Planning Ordinance. For more information see below and the Timeline/Document tabs.
Late Summer/Fall 2022: The Planning Board reviewed the master plan and offered formal comments in late August. Staff finalized the TIA recommendations in September/October, and the project team continues to prepare a revised plan for technical review prior to master plan approval.
- Planning Area: Neighborhood Edge
- Project Location: 18500 Shearer Rd.
- Parcel IDs: 00749104
- Acres: 50.90
- Project Description: The proposal lies within the Neighborhood Edge Planning Area and includes 90 units, multiple open spaces, parks and multi-use path facilities running along Shearer Rd., through the development, and along the Rocky River. It requires a minimum of 45% open space, along with a Transportation Impact Analysis.
- Developer: River Run Limited Partnership
Fall 2022: Staff finalized the TIA recommendations in September/October. The project team continues to prepare a revised plan for technical review prior to master plan approval.
Planning Board Review, August 29, 2022: The Planning Board reviewed the master plan and offered formal comments.
Public Input Session, June 22, 2022: Staff and the project team hosted a Public Input Session on Wednesday, June 22 from 5:00 - 7:00 pm in the Board Room at Davidson Town Hall. Participatns reviewed the draft TIA recommendations and provided feedback on the proposed master plan. The project team produced a Public Input Session Report recording the comments and providing responses (see the Documents tab).
Spring 2022: A draft Transportation Imapct Analysis report was produced from Februrary - April. Its recommendations will be reviewed/discussed as part of the Public Input Session.
Summer/Fall: The project team worked with the Town of Davidson staff to resolve outstanding issues and update the Environmental Inventory.
Spring 2021: The project team submitted a Master Plan application, which was accepted by the Town of Davidson on June 4, 2021. The project is under review by Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff.
Winter 2021: The project team continued to refine the proposed design in order to meet Davidson Planning Ordinance requirements.
Fall 2020: The project team continued to refine the proposed design in order to meet Davidson Planning Ordinance requirements.
Summer 2020: After several months since initial design efforts, the applicant reengaged the Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County to discuss the potential development of the parcel.
- Town of Davidson Master Plan Application
- Project Summary/Statement of Intent
- Environmental Inventory Report
- Master Plan Documents - Full Plan Set
- Master Plan Documents - Site Plan
- Master Plan Documents - Housing Lot Plan
Public Input Session Documents
- River Run Limited Partnership: Danny Fesperman, Project Director, email@example.com
- Site Design: Jael Wagoner, Sepi Engineering & Construction, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town of Davidson: Trey Akers, Senior Planner, email@example.com