What is Vision Zero?
Vision Zero is a strategy to eliminate all traffic fatalities and severe injuries, while increasing safe, healthy, equitable mobility for all. First implemented in Sweden in the 1990s, Vision Zero has proved successful across Europe — and now it’s gaining momentum in major American cities.
Committing to Vision Zero means the Town of Davidson will take the following steps:
- Building and sustaining leadership, collaboration, and accountability – especially among a diverse group of stakeholders to include transportation professionals, policymakers, public health officials, police, and community members;
- Collecting, analyzing, and using data to understand trends and potential disproportionate impacts of traffic deaths on certain populations;
- Prioritizing equity and community engagement;
- Managing speed to safe levels; and
- Setting a timeline to achieve zero traffic deaths and serious injuries, which brings urgency and accountability, and ensuring transparency on progress and challenges.
Learn what is coming next for the Town of Davidson on the Vision Zero Work Plan Updates page here What's Next? What's Next?.
Vision Zero Checklist
Vision Zero Guide to Developing a Plan
Vision Zero Network - https://visionzeronetwork.org/
North Carolina Vision Zero - https://ncvisionzero.org/