Overview: On January, 24 2023 the Town of Davidson received a complete Conditional Planning Area - Master Plan application. The project is currently under review by Town of Davidson staff. The process will follow Section 14.5 of the Davidson Planning Ordinance. For more information see below and the Timeline/Document tabs.
- Planning Area: Neighborhood Edge and Neighborhood Services Overlay District
- Project Location: 19300 Shearer Rd.
- Parcel IDs: 00723103, 00723121, 00723115, 00723116
- Acres: 57.64
- Project Description: The proposal lies within the Neighborhood Edge Planning Area and Neighborhood Services Overlay District. It includes a mix of commercial, residential, and agricultural areas envisioning 93 units and commerical services in a variety of building types; multiple open spaces, including a working farm; and multi-use path facilities running along Shearer Road, through the development, and along the Rocky River. It requires a minimum of 45% open space, along with a Transportation Impact Analysis.
- Developer: Summit Farms General Partners, LLC
Winter/Spring 2023: The developer's project team submitted an application for a Conditional Planning Area - Master Plan on January 24, 2023. The application required revisions and was deemed complete on Februrary 14, 2023. Town of Davidson and Meck. County staff are currently performing a technical review of the plans. Next steps in the late winter/spring include: Completion of the Transportation Impact Analysis (March); a Public Input Session (May); and informal review of the project's archicture by the Davidson Design Review Board (June). The Town of Davidson Planning Board will receive updates and informally review the project multiple times this spring. Details of each engagement opportunity will be posted to this webpage and/or distributed as required per the Davidson Planning Ordinance notification protocols.
Fall 2022: The developer's project team requested a Pre-Development Consultation with the Davidson Board of Commissioners, held on October 25, 2022. Commissioners provided informal feedback on the proposal. Additionally, the project team provided the information necessary to begin work on a Transportation Impact Analysis, which is required per DPO 6.10 based on the proposed project scope.
Spring/Summer 2022: The developer's project team held informal discussions with Town of Davidson staff concerning Davidson Planning Ordinance (DPO) requirements and the proposed project features.
- Summit Farms General Partnership: Jason Ward, Project Director, email@example.com
- Site Design: Colin Jenest, Bolton-Menk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town of Davidson: Trey Akers, Principal Planner, email@example.com