The Livability Board's mission is to serve as a sounding board and provide advice and recommendations to staff on any and all questions concerning parks, recreation, healthy living initiatives, trees and natural assets, greenways and trails, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and policies.
The Livability Board may be called upon for advice and recommendations to the Board of Commissioners in any or all of the following areas of concern:
- To create and promote an enjoyable place to live, learn, work, and play
- To support safe and vibrant spaces and neighborhoods
- To promote cultural, socioeconomic, and age diversity
- To encourage committed civic involvement and responsibility
- To provide sustainable and healthy choices for transportation, food, and energy use
- To enable faithful stewardship of natural and historic resources
The Livability Board includes staff from the Parks and Recreation Department but also combines expertise from Public Works and Planning Department staff, depending on the issue. Citizens who have taken Civics 101 are given preference in the annual board appointment process.
The subcommittees are composed of Livability Board members and Davidson community members. Subcommittee meetings are typically held before the start of the regular Livability Board meetings.
- Parks and Recreation - staff liaison: Gina Carmon - Parks and Recreation Master Plan and Programming
- Vision Zero (Formerly Walks and Rolls) - staff liaison: Leslie Willis - Design for Life, Greenways, Potts/Sloan Connector, Walks and Rolls Master Plan
- Trees and Natural Assets - staff liaison: Charlene Minor/Peter Grisewood - DLC Liaison, Tree City Designation, Trees Davidson, Arbor Day, Watercrafts
- Meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. (No Meeting in December)
- Davidson Town Hall Board Room
216 S Main Street
Davidson, NC 28036
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Click here to view agendas and minutes.
- Deborah Keenan, Chair
- Patrick Coleman, Vice-Chair
- Jennifer Fielder, Secretary
- Bruce Batman
- Gabrielle Craig
- Heidi Hansen
- Steve Justus
- Raymond Lewis
- Luis Montero-Lopez (Davidson College Student)
- Melissa Machan
- Marybeth Schwartz
- Cathy Tisdale
- Matthew Walt
- Gina Carmon (Staff)
- Charlene Minor (Staff)