- Get Involved
- Davidson Nonprofits & Other Groups
- Nonprofit Funding
Guidelines for Nonprofit Agency Funding
Fiscal Year 2022-2023
The Town of Davidson, on an annual basis, funds nonprofit agencies which provide needed services to Davidson residents. To be efficient and fair, the town uses the following process and general guidelines:
- Using the online application, apply for nonprofit agency funding by Friday, September 2, 2022.
- Complete the application and upload all the required materials.
- Agencies will be notified regarding funding once it has been approved by the Davidson Board of Commissioners.
- Any agency receiving funding is required to report how the funds were dispersed. For the FY 2022-23, the deadline for making this report is June 30, 2023.
Program Grant Guidelines:
- Nonprofit agencies must serve the Davidson community and meet a public purpose that the town government does not directly provide, but could if facilities and staffing were available. The nonprofit agency must be experienced in delivering that service.
- Nonprofit agencies must have 501(c) 3 status, a volunteer board of directors, and must provide to the town appropriate accounting measures, in compliance with the Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act, to ensure accountability.
- The number of agencies funded can change each year, and there is no limit on the number of agencies that can qualify and apply.
- The maximum amount of funding available is $50,000. To see a history of projects/services funded please see link below:
- Non-profit organization looking to fund services or projects should be in alignment with current Town of Davidson Core Values and Strategic Plan Goals
Questions should be directed to Parks and Recreation Operations Manager Gina Carmon at (704)940-9644 or firstname.lastname@example.org