Administrative Review Request
Administrative Review Process for a Town Ordinance Violation
In accordance with applicable town ordinances, you have 21 days from the date your ticket was issued to submit a request for an administrative review of the violation for which you have been cited.
Prior to submitting a request for administrative review of your town violation, please note that the following (and similar scenarios) ARE NOT grounds to void a town ordinance violation:
- I did not know it was illegal to park at that location.
- I could not find a legal parking spot and I was in a hurry.
- I am not familiar with the Town of Davidson ordinances.
- I never pick up my dog’s feces and I have never received a ticket.
- I always walk my dog off leash, and I have never received a ticket.
- I think I should have been given a warning ticket first.
- I think it is an unreasonable ordinance and it should not be enforced.
- I knew it was a handicap parking spot, but I was in a hurry and knew I would not be there long.
The Davidson Police Chief, or her designee, may void your ticket only if you establish that you were not in violation of the ordinance for which you were cited.
On the Administrative Review Request form, please indicate whether you desire a formal hearing. These hearings are typically scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and are held at Davidson Town Hall, located at 216 S. Main Street, Davidson N.C. 28036. If you indicate that you want a formal hearing, you will be notified via email of your specific hearing date. (Please do not "drop in" on any Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.)
If you indicate you do not want a formal hearing, no formal hearing date will be set. Within 7 to 10 business days of receiving your request for an administrative review, the Chief of Police, or her designee, will review the information you submit with your request, video from the issuing officer’s body camera, roll call notes, etc. If the Chief (or designee) determines that you did not violate the ordinance for which you were cited, the ticket you received will be voided. You will be sent an email advising you of the outcome of your review.
If the ticket is NOT voided, you have 21 days from the hearing date or 21 days from the date we email you the disposition of your review (whichever is applicable) to pay the original fine. Fines double after 21 days. Fines that are 60 days or more past due may be collected via the NC Debt Setoff Program. http://www.ncsetoff.org/
To fill out the Administrative Review Request form, click HERE.