The following steps must be taken when starting a Neighborhood Watch Program:
- Contact the Davidson Police Department at 704-892-5131 to request assistance from an officer.
- Decide on the number of households your watch program can effectively cover. Keep in mind the geographical layout of the neighborhood and the ease with which neighbors can observe each other’s property.
- Decide what would be the most convenient day and time for neighbors to attend a start-up meeting. It is often most convenient to have the meeting in one of the homes in the neighborhood, if that home is large enough to comfortably accommodate the number of people expected to attend.
- Contact the Davidson Police Department to see when an officer would be able to attend the start-up meeting. It is important to contact the Davidson Police Department at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
- Please provide the Davidson Police Department with an estimated number of attendees.
At the first meeting, the Davidson Police officer will assist you in organizing your neighbors in to a pro-active Neighborhood Watch Group. The officer will provide educational material and personal instruction in crime prevention techniques.