**As of Thursday, January 26, all spaces in the morning session are FULL. As of Friday, January 27, there are only a few spaces remaining in the evening session. All registrations submitted over the weekend will be processed on Tuesday. We appreciate your patience!**
Are you interested in learning more about the Town of Davidson and how your local government operates? Please consider registering for the town’s Civics 101 program! This free course is open to people who live or work in Davidson (within the town limits or within the extra-territorial jurisdiction) and who are 18 and older and who have not taken the class previously.
Civics 101 is a fun, free, 10-week course with active discussion, facility and town tours, and the chance to get an inside look at how local government works in Davidson. This year, we’re revamping the program to offer even more great content about the work we’re doing on our Strategic Plan and other important initiatives! We’ll be launching this spring with a tour of the new Town Hall and Community Center, a tour of the whole town with our Town Manager, and a fun meet and greet kick-off event where you can meet participants from both classes!
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to invite residents to the new Town Hall and Community Center and offer Civics 101 again. It’s a fantastic program that allows for great interaction between community members and town staff,” said Town Manager Jamie Justice. “We’ll be back this year with a fresh perspective and can’t wait to engage with program participants in this unique and worthwhile course.”
Class and Registration Information
- A Welcome Kickoff Event will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2023 for registered participants.
- Classes will be held in-person beginning Thursday, March 2
- Classes will conclude with a combined 7:00 p.m. session on Thursday, May 11. This session will include a Q & A with the Davidson Board of Commissioners and a Graduation Celebration.
- Participants can sign up for either the 9:30-11:30 a.m. class or the 6:00-8:00 p.m. evening class.
- Acceptance is on a first come, first serve basis, and participants must commit to attending all eleven sessions.
- In order to offer Civics 101, each class must enroll a minimum of 15 participants.
- The maximum enrollment for each class is 25 participants.
- Applications are currently available at www.townofdavidson.org/Civics101.
Registration will close on Wednesday, February 15 at 5:00 p.m.
To see a full schedule of this year’s classes, visit www.townofdavidson.org/Civics101.
For more information about the program, contact Wendy Matthews at 704-940-9608 or email@example.com.