What number do I call in an emergency? A non-emergency?

Emergencies: Call 911, and Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department Communications will take care of emergency dispatching of Davidson Police, Fire, or EMS.

Non-emergencies: Even if the situation doesn't seem like an emergency, please do call 911. 

911 should be used any time you need a police response, emergency or not. This might include: filing a police report for an alleged crime (in progress or not), reporting a traffic accident, illegal parking, noise complaints, road blockages and/or hazard, dangerous drivers, leash law violations, prostitution, attempted scams, financial identity fraud, credit card fraud, suspected elder abuse, misuse of sidewalks (skateboards, hover boards, electric scooters, and other similar conveyances), door-to-door soliciting, panhandling, etc.  

911 operators are trained to prioritize calls and assign report numbers. When 911 is bypassed, Davidson officers, etc. still have to route the call through 911.

Show All Answers

1. What number do I call in an emergency? A non-emergency?
2. Who do I call about an incident I've already reported?
3. How do I get a copy of my traffic accident report or a police report?
4. What are police department office hours?
5. How do I sign up for a security check for my home?
6. How can I get my child safety seat inspected?
7. How do I pay a parking ticket or town ordinance violation?
8. How do I pay a North Carolina ticket?
9. What do I do if my car is towed?
10. What if someone I know has been arrested? How can I get him/her out of jail?
11. If I have property at the police department, how can I get it back?
12. Where do I find the Town of Davidson ordinances (noise, leash law, and more)?
13. How can I arrange a tour of the Davidson Police Department and/or have a officer speak to my class, group, etc?
14. Do I need an alarm permit for my alarm system? If so, how do I register my alarm system?
15. How do I report: a crime, illegal parking, soliciting in my neighborhood?